Brush up your Dutch – Word Order (online)
Level: Beginner (0/A2), Intermediate (B1/B2), Advanced (C1/C2)
Is Dutch not your mother tongue? Would you like more practice with your word order? Do you often doubt whether you should say Omdat ik ben jarig or Omdat ik jarig ben? Then this online course is suitable for you.
Are you curious what it is like to attend language classes in our virtual classroom? Watch our demo and take a (online) tour in our virtual classroom.
€ 55,00Sign up
About the course
Do you speak Dutch as a second language at A1 level? Would you like extra practice with sentence structure? Then this course is suitable for you. You can follow the course separately or as extra practice during a regular course. This course provides a complete overview of Dutch word order with accompanying exercises. It includes sentences with and without inversion, subordinate clauses, sentences with one or two verbs , the use of conjunctions and word order in longer sentences.
For this course your Dutch must be at least at A1 level. You can combine the course with a regular A course. If your language level is B1, you can follow the course independently.
After completing the course you will be able to:
- place words in the correct position in long sentences
- make sentences using inversion
- make main clause and subordinate clauses
- make sentences with two or three verbs
- combine sentences using linking words.
The course takes place online. You can work on the materials independently. If you have any questions, you can email the trainer. The course consists of written and spoken assignments. You receive regular personal feedback from the trainer. The course consists of three chapters: main clause, main clause with inversion and subordinate clause.
Each chapter starts with an explanation followed by a variety of exercises.
The course lasts for three weeks. If necessary, you can work on the materials for an extra two weeks. The course consists of a short introduction and three chapters. One chapter takes approximately one week. The average student spends around 15 hours on this course.
- Language of instruction: Dutch
- Type of course: online
- Contact with the trainer: by email and feedback given on written assignments.
- Certificate: if you have completed 80% of the course, you will receive a certificate of participation.
- If you work or study at Utrecht University you will receive a 15% discount. Please register with your UU email address. Your registration will then be processed automatically.
- Starting date: 1 January 1970
De inschrijving voor deze cursus is gesloten
Day Date Start End
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/vhosts/babel.nl/httpdocs/wp-content/themes/babel/single-course.php on line 551
Warning: end() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /var/www/vhosts/babel.nl/httpdocs/wp-content/themes/babel/single-course.php on line 532