Advanced Dutch B2+
Level: Intermediate (B1/B2), Advanced (C1/C2)
Have you passed the State Exam in Dutch as a Foreign Language (Staatsexamen NT2), level 2, or have you reached an equivalent level, but do you still need to improve your ability in Dutch? Then this course is the right one for you.
Are you curious what it is like to attend language classes in our virtual classroom? Watch our demo and take a (online) tour in our virtual classroom.
We did not (yet) plan in a new course.
This course is also offered tailor-made. Feel free to contact us for a quotation.
About the Advanced Dutch B2+ course
In this course, you will improve your speaking and writing ability and refresh and/or expand your knowledge of Dutch grammar:
- Speaking: you will practice this skill by means of discussions, pair work and brief presentations. Topics are mainly drawn from current affairs and are provided by the teacher, but there is also space for your own contributions.
- Writing: you will practice this skill by means of a variety of written tasks, such as writing emails, letters, brief notes and reports. Some of these tasks will be linked to the topics you have been speaking about, but others may be chosen in other areas.
- Grammar support: a number of areas of grammar (for example, sentence structure, verb tenses, prepositions, the word ‘er’, and so on) will be covered to refresh and expand your knowledge, using the course book Beter Nederlands deel 1.
- Reading: to improve your reading ability, up-to-date texts will be used as a basis for discussion and/or writing tasks. Your teacher will also ask you to choose a book to read and speak about in small groups.
This Advanced Dutch B2+ course is aimed to those who wish to achieve level B2+ in a short period of time.
You need to have passed the State Exam in Dutch as a Foreign Language (Staatsexamen NT2), level 2, or to have completed a Babel course at B2 level. If you have not previously taken a course at Babel, we request that you complete the intake test on our website in order to determine your level.
After this course:
- You will be able to express yourself more flexibly and have more confidence to take part in a wide range of conversations and discussions.
- You will be able to write clear emails and well-structured short texts on a variety of topics.
- You will have a better grasp of Dutch grammar and sentence structure, which is an essential aspect of improving your writing skills.
Each lesson will address all the skills. During the class, activities will take place in groups, pairs, individually or as a whole group. An online learning platform will provide information about the contents of the lessons, the homework tasks and suggestions for additional online practice exercises.
The book Nederlands naar perfectie will be used for improving grammar. For speaking and writing skills, you will receive a variety of handouts from the teacher, which can be collected in a course folder. Classroom tasks may be added or altered at students’ request during the course.
You can order all books required for the course on our special book page. Please ensure you bring your books to the first session.
This Advanced Dutch B2+ course consists of 17 sessions of 1 hour 75 minutes at Babel in Utrecht. The advised self-study load is 35 hours.
- The language of instruction is Dutch.
- The book Nederlands naar perfectie will be used for improving grammar. For speaking and writing skills, you will receive a variety of handouts from the teacher, which can be collected in a course folder. Classroom tasks may be added or altered at students’ request during the course.
- You can order all books required for the course on our special book page. Please ensure you bring your books to the first session.
- Students must attend a minimum of 80% of the lessons and take an active part in class. During the course the teacher will give you regular feedback on your speaking and writing tasks and (if you have given one) on your presentation. This course is also good preparation for the Advanced Dutch C1+ course.
- If you work or study at Utrecht University you will receive a 15% discount. Please register with your UU email address. Your registration will then be processed automatically.