German level 2 (for non-Dutch speakers)
Level: Beginner (0/A2)
Taught in Utrecht, this German course for non-Dutch speakers will extend your basic knowledge of German through a range of different exercises.
All our on-site courses will be taught in the virtual classroom, at least until 20 April. For upcoming face-to-face courses we are working on the basis of several possible scenarios as regards the courses starting in the week of April 19th. These are outlined here for you.
We offer you a worry-free start to your course with our flexible booking policy.
See how Anouk found the virtual classroom here (in Dutch).
About the German level 2 (for non-Dutch speakers) course
Upon completing the course you will be able to hold simple, small conversations in German, read and understand simple texts and communicate about general things. The trainer will explain everything in English.
This German course is aimed at everyone who wants to extend their basic knowledge of German. In every class you will practice listening, grammar and speaking.
The instructor will sometimes use extra materials, especially to increase your vocabulary. Occasionally the instructor will make time for extra activities.
This German level 2 (for non-Dutch speakers) course is aimed to those who wish to achieve level A1+ in a short period of time. You need to have had approximately 20 hours of German classes (including 40 hours of self-study). Click on this link and do the test. You can also read the level descriptions.
After the course you can continue with German level 3 (information is in Dutch).
The trainer will deal with grammar and learning material in a group setting and will start each lesson with a discussion of the homework or a review of the material from previous chapters. During the classes, you will work on listening comprehension, and an important part of the class consists of speaking practice in pairs or in small groups followed by class feedback.
You can order all books required for the course on our special book page. Please ensure you bring your books to the first session.
This German level 2 (for non-Dutch speakers) course consists of 9 sessions at Babel in Utrecht. The advised self-study load is 2 to 3 hours a week.
- This course is offered on-site as a face-to-face class in a small group. You can find an overview of all the measures we have taken against the coronavirus here.
- The language of instruction is as much German as possible. Participants can ask questions in German or English.
- You can order all books required for the course on our special book page. Please ensure you bring your books to the first session.
- Active participation is preferred during the course meetings and ample time for self-study, preferably spread out evenly over the week. You will receive a certificate of participation if you attend at least 80% of the meetings.
- If you work or study at Utrecht University you will receive a 15% discount. Please register with your UU email address. Your registration will then be processed automatically.
- Starting date: 22 April 2021
Day Date Start End Thursday 22 April 2021 20:15 21:45 Thursday 29 April 2021 20:15 21:45 Thursday 6 May 2021 20:15 21:45 Thursday 20 May 2021 20:15 21:45 Thursday 27 May 2021 20:15 21:45 Thursday 3 June 2021 20:15 21:45 Thursday 10 June 2021 20:15 21:45 Thursday 17 June 2021 20:15 21:45 Thursday 24 June 2021 20:15 21:45