English level 2
Level: Beginner (0/A2)
Do you need to develop your English for work or for your studies? In this course English level 2 we will help you on your way. We will use a great variety of exercises so that you can work on all your language skills.
During the lockdown, all our on-site courses will be taught in the virtual classroom. As soon as it is possible, we will switch back to teaching on location. So, you can enrol without any problems for an on-site language course. We offer you a worry-free start to your course with our flexible booking policy.
About the English level 2 course
Conversation practice about everyday topics will increase your vocabulary and fluency. Grammar revision will make you more confident about your accuracy in using English.
The course focuses on:
- expanding you vocabulary;
- increasing general conversational skills;
- developing reading skills;
- improving pronunciation;
- increasing knowledge of grammar;
- improving listening skills;
- developing writing skills;
- acquiring self-study skills.
This English level 2 course is suitable when you have a CEF-score of at least level A1 for the components: language structures, writing and self assessment.
This course at pre-intermediate level will help you to go from level A2- to level A2+ and will provide you with the knowledge you need for the more advanced B1 level course.
The focus in the course meetings is on speaking and practical, hands-on exercises with an emphasis on cooperative work and task-based activities. Grammar revision and vocabulary work are done in class and on a self-study basis.
You will be working with the book Cambridge English Empower Pre-intermediate Combo A with Online Assessment. You can order all books required for the course on our special book page. Please ensure you bring your books to the first session.
This English level 2 course consists of 9 sessions at Babel in Utrecht. The advised self-study load is 2-3 hours a week.
- This course is offered both on-site and in the virtual classroom. You can enrol for your preferred option using the buttons above. All our on-site classes are taught in a small group. You can find an overview of all the measures we have taken against the coronavirus here.
- The language of instruction is English.
- You will be working with the book Cambridge English Empower Pre-intermediate Combo A with Online Assessment. You can order all books required for the course on our special book page. Please ensure you bring your books to the first session.
- Active participation is preferred during the course meetings and ample time for self-study, preferably spread out evenly over the week. You wil receive a certificate of participation if you attend at least 8 meetings.
- If you work or study at Utrecht University you will receive a 15% discount. Please register with your UU email address. Your registration will then be processed automatically.
- Starting date: 8 February 2021
Day Date Start End Monday 8 February 2021 18:45 20:15 Monday 15 February 2021 18:45 20:15 Monday 22 February 2021 18:45 20:15 Monday 1 March 2021 18:45 20:15 Monday 8 March 2021 18:45 20:15 Monday 15 March 2021 18:45 20:15 Monday 22 March 2021 18:45 20:15 Monday 29 March 2021 18:45 20:15 Monday 12 April 2021 18:45 20:15
- Starting date: 22 April 2021
Day Date Start End Thursday 22 April 2021 19:00 20:30 Thursday 29 April 2021 19:00 20:30 Thursday 6 May 2021 19:00 20:30 Thursday 20 May 2021 19:00 20:30 Thursday 27 May 2021 19:00 20:30 Thursday 3 June 2021 19:00 20:30 Thursday 10 June 2021 19:00 20:30 Thursday 17 June 2021 19:00 20:30 Thursday 24 June 2021 19:00 20:30