Cambridge English Proficiency (CPE)
Level: Advanced (C1/C2)
If you wish to express yourself flexibly in English in a wide variety of situations, this is the course for you! The course English Cambridge Proficiency will also provide you with the knowledge you need to pass the Cambridge Proficiency Exam (CPE).
€ 455,00Sign up
Starting from 6 July 2021
About the English Cambridge Proficiency (CPE) course
In this high-level course, you will become aware of the subtleties of English and learn to master a near-native range of everyday vocabulary and language structures. Interactive software will provide extra practice. The course will also provide you with the knowledge you need to pass the Cambridge Proficiency Exam (CPE).
This English Cambridge Proficiency (CPE) course is aimed at those who wish to achieve level C2 in a short period of time. You can start with level C1. This course offers you extensive practice in writing, speaking, listening and reading at a high level. Self-study strategies will also feature in this course. The course focuses on:
- Improving advanced communication skill: using idioms to talk about emotions; using metaphors in your speech; expressing wishes; reporting what others have said; talking about abstract ideas at length
- Expanding your vocabulary: using synonyms and learning how to phrase your ideas in a more sophisticated manner, using idioms with music words; learning about idioms to do with hardship
- Improving your pronunciation and intonation: learn to use your intonation to convey nuances, work on stress and emphasis; review homophones and silent consonants
- Increasing your knowledge of advanced grammar points: review inversion, concessive clauses, review of modals, gerunds and infinitives
- Developing high-level reading skills and acquiring self-study skills;
- Improving high-level listening skills: increase your comprehension of conversations about research and theories
- Improving high-level writing skills: writing detailed letters, articles, reports, essays, and reviews
The focus in the course sessions is on speaking and practical exercises with an emphasis on cooperative work and task-based activities. The trainer will provide regular feedback on the spoken and written performance of participants. Grammar revision and vocabulary work are covered in class and done on a self-study basis.
You can order all books required for the course on our special book page. Please ensure you bring your books to the first session.
This English Cambridge Proficiency course consists of 18 sessions of 1,75 hours or 21 sessions of 1,5 hours. The advised self-study load is 2-3 hours per session, preferably spread out evenly over the week.
- This course is offered both on-site and in the virtual classroom. You can enrol for your preferred option using the buttons above. All our on-site classes are taught in a small group. You can find an overview of all the measures we have taken against the coronavirus here.
- The language of instruction is English.
- You can order all books required for the course on our special book page. Please ensure you bring your books to the first session.
- Active participation in the course sessions and ample time for self-study are essential if you want to meet the requirements of this advanced proficiency course. You receive a certificate of participation if you attend at least 14 meetings.
- If you work or study at Utrecht University you will receive a 15% discount. Please register with your UU email address. Your registration will then be processed automatically.
- Starting date: 6 July 2021
Day Date Start End Tuesday 6 July 2021 20:00 21:45 Thursday 8 July 2021 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 13 July 2021 20:00 21:45 Thursday 15 July 2021 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 20 July 2021 20:00 21:45 Thursday 22 July 2021 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 27 July 2021 20:00 21:45 Thursday 29 July 2021 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 3 August 2021 20:00 21:45 Thursday 5 August 2021 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 10 August 2021 20:00 21:45 Thursday 12 August 2021 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 17 August 2021 20:00 21:45 Thursday 19 August 2021 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 24 August 2021 20:00 21:45 Thursday 26 August 2021 20:00 21:45 Tuesday 31 August 2021 20:00 21:45 Thursday 2 September 2021 20:00 21:45