Engels Proficiency (C2) – compact
Level: Advanced (C1/C2)
Do you want your English to be at native speaker level? Are you looking to learn and use a rich and complex range of English in your working or academic life? Looking for a fast-paced course with a lot of self-study? This compact C2 course is perfect for you!
€ 410,00Sign up
Starting from 6 September 2021+ 1 more dates
About the course
This course is for students who are at level C1. This means that you can already work effectively in English, and perhaps have even studied for a degree taught in English. You aren’t afraid of speaking or writing in English for general purposes. What you sometimes miss is how to use English more persuasively and creatively, or to write and speak in (very) formal settings. Perhaps you also simply love the language and want to enhance your vocabulary for your own pleasure!
In this course, our teachers will help you to take your English to level C2. You will look at areas like inversion, British and American English idioms, less common and formal vocabulary items, emphasis, and complex sentences, as well as some grammar. This course will also give you the language you need to succeed in the Cambridge English C2 Proficiency exam.
- This course takes you towards level C2. By the end of this course, you will have developed high level language skills equivalent to those of a native speaker. You will be able to dazzle others with your English knowledge, and will be able use the language playfully and creatively to communicate persuasively and humorously, if that is your goal.
- You can add to this course with our specialised Cambridge Proficiency Exam training, if your goal is to get a certificate proving you are at level C2. You may need this for immigration purposes in some countries, or to prove you have the native-speaker level English required for certain jobs (including teaching English!)
- Babel is a Cambridge exam centre, in partnership with the British Council. We are highly experienced in preparing students for their Cambridge exams and will support you every step of the way towards success in your exam. However, you do not need to be taking the exam to join this course.
We use the book English File Intermediate with additional materials especially designed for this compact form course. Your trainer will work on activities from the book with you in every lesson, but will add other things too, depending on what you need.
All Babel’s courses are taught by highly-qualified, professional teachers and are interactive, fun, and focused on students’ needs. This means we:
- Are flexible to what a group needs
- Ask for your feedback on how the lessons are going, and respond to what you tell us
- Use high-quality materials
- Do a lot of speaking activities, in small groups and as a whole group
- Teach grammar and vocabulary in a way that connects them to real life use
- Encourage students to learn outside the classroom too
- This course consists of 9 face-to-face (or virtually taught) classes of 1hr45 minutes and 9 self-study classes of 1hr45 minutes. Students will need to keep up with the work for their self-study lessons, which will include submitting writing assignments and doing learning activities online. When you do this is up to you.
- Alongside this, you will need to do some homework and preparation for your classroom lessons. You should expect to spend at least 3 hours a week on this.
- The more time you give to learning, the more you will benefit. There are lots of exercises to practise at home available to you. There are also many websites where you can read more C2 level English texts, and many ways to listen to more English online.
- The language of instruction is English.
- You will be working with a book. You can order this book on our special book page. Please ensure you have your book ready for the first session.
- If you are learning online, you can order the e-book version of the student book. You can do this here.
- You will receive a certificate of participation if you follow at least 80% of the classes.
- If you work or study at Utrecht University you will receive a 15% discount. Please register with your UU email address. Your registration will then be processed automatically.
- Starting date: 6 September 2021
Day Date Start End Monday 6 September 2021 20:00 21:45 Monday 13 September 2021 20:00 21:45 Monday 20 September 2021 20:00 21:45 Monday 27 September 2021 20:00 21:45 Monday 4 October 2021 20:00 21:45 Monday 11 October 2021 20:00 21:45 Monday 18 October 2021 20:00 21:45 Monday 25 October 2021 20:00 21:45 Monday 1 November 2021 20:00 21:45
- Starting date: 22 November 2021
Day Date Start End Monday 22 November 2021 18:00 19:45 Monday 29 November 2021 18:00 19:45 Monday 6 December 2021 18:00 19:45 Monday 13 December 2021 18:00 19:45 Monday 20 December 2021 18:00 19:45 Monday 3 January 2022 18:00 19:45 Monday 10 January 2022 18:00 19:45 Monday 17 January 2022 18:00 19:45 Monday 24 January 2022 18:00 19:45