Cambridge Preliminary Exam Preparation
Level: Beginner (0/A2)
Getting ready to sit your Cambridge B1 Preliminary exam and want to brush up on the exam techniques you need to succeed? Want to practise the types of questions you will see in the exam and receive expert teacher feedback on your performance? Our fast-paced preparation course will help you to succeed.
About the course
This course is for students who are at level B1 in their vocabulary knowledge and grammar and who now want to take the Cambridge Preliminary (B1) exam to prove this. You will work on practice exam paper tasks and receive thorough feedback from our experienced trainers on what you need to do to improve.
Babel is a registered partner of both Cambridge Assessment English and the British Council. Many of our teachers have experience as Cambridge speaking examiners that they can use to help you understand how to do your best in the exams.
To maximise the benefit of class time, you will need to do self-study and exam practise at home, so that your trainer can use the lessons to give you feedback and show you common errors and ways of succeeding on each of the four exam components: Speaking, Reading, Writing and Listening.
Want to improve your general level of English first, before getting into the details of the exam? Then sign up for our English Intermediate (B1) course, which will improve your vocabulary, grammar, and use of English.
This course is a pure exam preparation course, meaning that we do not teach new vocabulary and language as the focus. If your level is not yet at B1, we would recommend first taking the Intermediate B1 course before registering. If you are not sure what your level is, you can take our free placement test.
By the end of the course you will have:
- Received useful, concrete trainer feedback on how to improve in all four components of the B1 Preliminary exam
- Looked at common candidate errors and weaknesses in the exam
- Used practice exam papers to understand the types of tasks you will encounter in your exam
- Discussed time management and planning strategies that you can help you maximise your exam score
All Babel’s courses are taught by highly experienced language trainers with a native level of English. This course uses Cambridge Assessment English materials (specifically past papers) as well as additional materials.
There will be a chance to practise all of your language skills in this course. The four classes are structured so that:
- Class one focuses on the Writing paper
- Class two focuses on Reading and Use of English paper
- Class three focuses on Listening paper
- Class four focuses on the Speaking Exam, with some revision of the other three papers
- This course includes four classes of 1hr30. To prepare for each class, you will need to do a minimum of 4 hours of self-study (including taking practice tests at home and making use of the feedback your teacher gives you).
- Approximately a week before the first class begins, you will be emailed by your language trainer with a Writing paper task to complete. You should submit this to your instructor at least four days before the first class so that you can receive feedback during class and benefit from the first session.
- The course is taught in English
- You can choose to learn either face-to-face or via virtual classroom
- You will receive a certificate of participation if you attend all four classes
- If you work or study at Utrecht University you will receive a 15% discount. Please register with your UU email address. Your registration will then be processed automatically.
- Starting date: 7 September 2021 (Utrecht)
Day Date Start End Tuesday 7 September 2021 09:00 10:30 Tuesday 14 September 2021 09:00 10:30 Tuesday 21 September 2021 09:00 10:30 Tuesday 28 September 2021 09:00 10:30
- Starting date: 21 September 2021 (Virtual Classroom)
Day Date Start End Tuesday 21 September 2021 18:30 20:00 Tuesday 28 September 2021 18:30 20:00 Tuesday 5 October 2021 18:30 20:00 Tuesday 12 October 2021 18:30 20:00