Business English Speaking Skills Advanced (C1) (3 days)
Will you be giving an important presentation soon? But are you insecure about your pronunciation? Or do you often speak English at work, but would like to improve your spoken English in a short time span? If so, this intensive three-day course is for you.
€ 1295,00Sign up
Starting from 1 October 2021+ 3 more dates
About the course
You will learn how to perfect your spoken English, working with one of Babel´s expert trainers. You will receive feedback on your pronunciation and intonation, but also on your ability to persuade and convince others through your speech. There is plenty of space in this course to practise your own presentation, pitch or topic. Our language trainers will help you to improve your personal work and provide you with constructive feedback.
This course will give you advanced training in professional speaking skills, including for telephoning, video-conferencing, hosting and participating in (one-to-one) meetings, and presenting. You will learn how to speak with confidence, accuracy and clarity in difficult situations. Moreover, we will practise with you how to ask and answer questions. This way, it will no longer be a problem for you to deal with unexpected questions during presentations or meetings.
Through this course, your language skills and awareness will become more nuanced. You will learn how to recognise and use different professional communication styles and how to move between formal and informal language more naturally. You will also consider the (inter)cultural aspects of business communication.
You can start this course if your level is B2. By the end of the course have you:
- developed your professional vocabulary;
- improved the fluency and accuracy of your speech and did you learn how to persuade and influence in your speech;
- have you improved your pronunciation, stress and intonation;
- do you know how to deliver a presentation or a pitch effectively;
- did you develop your ability to use and recognize both formal and informal professional speech features;
- have you developed awareness of intercultural communication skills in a business context;
- did you receive personal feedback on your own presentation or pitch.
We will work on practical exercises with an emphasis on cooperative work and task-based activities such as short presentations. Vocabulary development will be done in class and at home. Grammar will be revised when necessary. You will receive regular feedback on your spoken and written performance.
The teacher will challenge you (and the group) to get the most out of the course. Due to the personal approach, you will be able to work on your own learning goals in a safe teaching environment. This way, you will quickly learn about your own pitfalls.
- This course will take place over three full-day sessions. You will have six hours of teaching each day, from 09:30 – 12:30 and then from 13:30 – 16:30.
- Lunch will be provided.
- Outside of the classes, you will need to revise and study the content you have learned. You should make sure you have at least two hours a week to do this.
- The language of instruction is English.
- Babel will provide lunch.
- The e-learning is included in the course price. You can finish the e-learning module in your own pace. You will be granted 3 months access to the e-learning.
- When the course has finished, you will have 4 months access to Babel CLS. This is included in the course price.
The book is included in the price.
- You will receive a certificate of participation if you attend all meetings.
- If you work at Utrecht University you will receive a 15% discount. Please register with your UU email address. Your registration will then be processed automatically.
- Starting date: 1 October 2021
Day Date Start End Friday 1 October 2021 09:30 16:30 Friday 8 October 2021 09:30 16:30 Friday 15 October 2021 09:30 16:30
- Starting date: 20 October 2021
Day Date Start End Wednesday 20 October 2021 09:30 16:30 Wednesday 27 October 2021 09:30 16:30 Wednesday 3 November 2021 09:30 16:30
- Starting date: 23 November 2021
Day Date Start End Tuesday 23 November 2021 09:30 16:30 Tuesday 30 November 2021 09:30 16:30 Tuesday 7 December 2021 09:30 16:30
- Starting date: 10 January 2022
Day Date Start End Monday 10 January 2022 09:30 16:30 Monday 17 January 2022 09:30 16:30 Monday 24 January 2022 09:30 16:30