Business English Upper Intermediate (B2) (3 days)
Level: Intermediate (B1/B2)
Have you been asked to give an important presentation in English? Or are you about to start an important international project? Our intensive course will help you to overcome any anxieties you might have and quickly achieve your goals.
During the course, there will be a lot of time to improve your own writing and practise your own presentations. The classes will be supported by online material delivered in our virtual learning environment and you will receive access to an e-learning module of your choice.
€ 1295,00Sign up
Starting from 17 September 2021+ 3 more dates
About the course
In this intensive course, you will work closely with a language trainer in a small group of students to cover the most essential aspects of Business English. You will work on practical tasks and role plays set at B2 level that will help you to develop your use of the English you need in your work. The classes will be supported by online resources and exercises available via our virtual learning environment.
We will ensure you are prepared to meet your specific professional challenges and goals. Do you have a presentation to give, and would you like to practise this and improve your delivery? Do you need to submit a business plan in English? Our trainers will provide you with constructive feedback and support. We are happy to practise your presentation with you, to help to edit your written work or to revise your business plans.
You can start this course if your level is B1. By the end of the course you will have:
- developed your Business English vocabulary so you can express yourself better in a business context;
- learned how to express more nuanced opinions and give convincing presentations and pitches in English;
- enhanced your knowledge of Business English writing conventions, improved your own business writing skills and practised writing clear and structured emails;
- learned how to work more effectively in intercultural business settings;
- become more confident communicating in your workplace;
- received personal, focused feedback on your work.
We will work on practical exercises with an emphasis on cooperative work and task-based activities such as short presentations. Vocabulary development will be done in class and at home. Grammar will be revised when necessary. You will receive regular feedback on your spoken and written skills.
The teacher will challenge you (and the group) to get the most out of the course. Due to our personal approach, you will be able to work on your own learning goals in a welcoming and safe teaching environment.
This course will take place over three full-day sessions. You will have six hours of teaching each day, from 09:30 – 12:30 and then from 13:30 – 16:30. Lunch will be provided by Babel.
Outside of the classes, you will need to revise and study the content you have learned. You should make sure you have at least two hours a week free to do this.
- The language of instruction is English.
- Babel will provide lunch.
- E-learning is included in the course price. You can finish your selected e-learning module at your own pace as you will be granted 3 months of access to this module.
- When the course has finished, you will have four months of access to Babel’s CLS. This is included in the course price.
- The book is included in the price.
- You will receive a certificate of participation if you attend all meetings.
- If you work at Utrecht University you will receive a 15% discount. Please register with your UU email address. Your registration will then be processed automatically.
- Starting date: 17 September 2021
Day Date Start End Friday 17 September 2021 09:30 16:30 Friday 24 September 2021 09:30 16:30 Friday 1 October 2021 09:30 16:30
- Starting date: 13 October 2021
Day Date Start End Wednesday 13 October 2021 09:30 16:30 Wednesday 20 October 2021 09:30 16:30 Wednesday 27 October 2021 09:30 16:30
- Starting date: 26 November 2021
Day Date Start End Friday 26 November 2021 09:30 16:30 Friday 3 December 2021 09:30 16:30 Friday 10 December 2021 09:30 16:30
- Starting date: 19 January 2022
Day Date Start End Wednesday 19 January 2022 09:30 16:30 Wednesday 26 January 2022 09:30 16:30 Wednesday 2 February 2022 09:30 16:30