Business English Advanced (C1) (3 days)
Level: Advanced (C1/C2)
Would you like to be more persuasive in English during meetings, presentations and negotiations? Do you find it sometimes difficult to adjust your use of English to a specific context? And would you like to acquire a very high level of Business English in a short space of time? This Advanced-level business course in combination with e-learning will help you to achieve your professional goals over three full-day sessions.
€ 1295,00Sign up
Starting from 22 September 2021+ 3 more dates
About the course
You will work closely with a language trainer in a small group of students to cover the most essential aspects of Business English and ensure you are prepared to meet your professional challenges and goals. You will receive personal feedback from your trainer on your speaking and writing, and will be able to bring your own work projects to the classroom. For instance, we will help you with the formulation of a business proposal, delivering a presentation or perhaps even winning a tough negotiation! You will notice that your confidence will increase and that you will rapidly improve your language skills.
Through this course, your language skills and awareness will become more nuanced. You will learn how to recognise and use different professional communication styles and how to move between formal and informal language more naturally. You will also work together to consider the (inter)cultural aspects of business communication. You will learn to negotiate effectively and you get the chance to improve your networking skills. This course is further supported by extra teaching material in our online learning environment.
You can start this course if your level is B2. By the end of the course you will have:
- improved your ability to build arguments and to state nuanced, clear opinions;
- learned how to negotiate persuasively in English;
- looked at the best ways to network effectively;
- taken your English to a level that allows you to manage, inspire and coach your colleagues;
- learned how and when to use formal and informal language;
- developed your awareness of intercultural communication skills in a business context;
- received highly personalised, detailed feedback on your professional writing and speaking skills.
We will work on practical exercises with an emphasis on cooperative work and task-based activities such as short presentations. Vocabulary development will be done in class and at home. Grammar will be revised when necessary. You will receive regular feedback on your spoken and written performance.
The teacher will challenge you (and the group) to get the most out of the course. Due to our personal approach, you will be able to work on your own learning goals in a relaxed teaching environment.
This course will take place over three full-day sessions. You will have six hours of teaching each day, from 09:30 – 12:30 and then from 13:30 – 16:30. Lunch will be provided.
Outside of the classes, you will need to revise and study the content you have learned. You should make sure you have at least two hours a week to do this.
- The language of instruction is English.
- Babel will provide lunch.
- E-learning is included in the course price. You can finish the e-learning module at your own pace. You will be granted 3 months access to your chosen module.
- When the course has finished, you will have 4 months access to Babel’s CLS. This is included in the course price.
- The book is included in the price.
- You will receive a certificate of participation if you attend all meetings.
- If you work at Utrecht University you will receive a 15% discount. Please register with your UU email address. Your registration will then be processed automatically.
- Starting date: 22 September 2021
Day Date Start End Wednesday 22 September 2021 09:30 16:30 Wednesday 29 September 2021 09:30 16:30 Wednesday 6 October 2021 09:30 16:30
- Starting date: 22 October 2021
Day Date Start End Friday 22 October 2021 09:30 16:30 Friday 29 October 2021 09:30 16:30 Friday 5 November 2021 09:30 16:30
- Starting date: 18 November 2021
Day Date Start End Thursday 18 November 2021 09:30 16:30 Thursday 25 November 2021 09:30 16:30 Thursday 2 December 2021 09:30 16:30
- Starting date: 4 January 2022
Day Date Start End Tuesday 4 January 2022 09:30 16:30 Tuesday 11 January 2022 09:30 16:30 Tuesday 18 January 2022 09:30 16:30