Crash course Intermediate Dutch (B1)
Do you have a good basic knowledge of Dutch and would you like to improve your skills in a short space of time? In this highly intensive course for A2 level students, we will take you beyond every-day situations like talking about your hobbies and health into communicating about more abstract topics.
We will use (newspaper) articles and listening extracts to look at topics like climate, art, society and politics. You will learn how to better describe experiences and ideas, to give and support your opinion, and how to file a complaint. This intensive course runs over five weeks full time, so you can expect to quickly improve and develop your Dutch skills.
€ 1250,00Sign up
Starting from 15 November 2021
About the course
This intensive Dutch for Beginners course is suitable for anyone who wants to spend five weeks focusing on and learning the essentials of the Dutch language. There are lessons five days of the week as well as homework tasks to complete each day. As such, this is a full-time course.
You can register for this course if you have:
- A certificate from our Beginners Dutch A course
- A CEFR level of at least A2 (including for your knowledge of grammar and writing)
- You were recommended to take a B1 level course on the basis of our placement test.
This Dutch course will take you towards level B1. It is therefore suitable for you if you have already completed our Dutch Beginners A course or otherwise have reached level A2.
By the end of the course you will
- Be able to use Dutch to describe your experiences, ideas, and wishes
- Be able to write Duch texts about topics you are familiar with
- Be able to give your opinion with supporting arguments
- Have a broader vocabulary and will have learned new grammatical rules
- Different competences will be discussed during the classes. Assignments will be made in class, in groups, pairs or individually. More information about the course programme, homework and suggestions for additional online exercises will be published on the electronic learning environment.
- In this course we use the book De sprong. You can order all books required for the course on our special book page. Please ensure you bring your books to the first session.
This course comprises 25 lessons at Babel: five lessons a week for five weeks (Monday to Friday). We also expect students to be able to spend 3 -4 hours per lesson on homework and preparation tasks.
- The language of instruction is Dutch.
- You can order all books required for the course on our special book page. Please ensure you bring your books to the first session.
- Participants should attend at least 80% of the meetings.
- There will be a final test on speaking and writing.
- If you work or study at Utrecht University you will receive a 15% discount. Please register with your UU email address. Your registration will then be processed automatically.
- Starting date: 15 November 2021
Day Date Start End Monday 15 November 2021 13:00 15:30 Tuesday 16 November 2021 13:00 15:30 Wednesday 17 November 2021 13:00 15:30 Thursday 18 November 2021 13:00 15:30 Friday 19 November 2021 13:00 15:30 Monday 22 November 2021 13:00 15:30 Tuesday 23 November 2021 13:00 15:30 Wednesday 24 November 2021 13:00 15:30 Thursday 25 November 2021 13:00 15:30 Friday 26 November 2021 13:00 15:30 Monday 29 November 2021 13:00 15:30 Tuesday 30 November 2021 13:00 15:30 Wednesday 1 December 2021 13:00 15:30 Thursday 2 December 2021 13:00 15:30 Friday 3 December 2021 13:00 15:30 Monday 6 December 2021 13:00 15:30 Tuesday 7 December 2021 13:00 15:30 Wednesday 8 December 2021 13:00 15:30 Thursday 9 December 2021 13:00 15:30 Friday 10 December 2021 13:00 15:30 Monday 13 December 2021 13:00 15:30 Tuesday 14 December 2021 13:00 15:30 Wednesday 15 December 2021 13:00 15:30 Thursday 16 December 2021 13:00 15:30 Friday 17 December 2021 13:00 15:30